Originally aired on WWAY-TV – August 10, 2018
WILMINGTON, NC (WWAY) — The North Carolina Virtual Academy is an online public charter school authorized by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. It works in partnership with parents to let them learn and finish school from home.
It is for grades kindergarten through 12 and helps build academic success, confidence, and independence, both in school and beyond.
North Carolina Virtual Academy gives North Carolina children in grades K–11 the chance to learn in the ways that are right for them with:
- The award-winning curriculum from K12, the leading online K–12 curriculum provider and a CITA-accredited company
- A high-quality, tuition-free public education
- An individualized approach to learning
- Instruction from North Carolina-certified teachers
- An active, supportive school community
- Social and extracurricular activities
School representatives are hosting the Back 2 School Meet and Greet Wednesday at BrrrBerry Frozen Yogurt in Wilmington. It’s from 12:30 until 2:30 p.m. and everyone is invited to go and learn more.
For more information, click here.
To learn more about North Carolina Virtual Academy, visit https://ncva.k12.com/.